Select language to view this website
Community Window on the
Duracell Inc. Site
(Former Mallory Battery Factory Site)
NYSDEC Site No. 360011, Sleepy Hollow, New York
The Gillette Company
Gillette is committed to keeping the community informed on this project. We have established a toll-free telephone number to receive and respond to questions from the public:
(toll free) 877.410.8412
We have also established an email address if you would prefer to ask your question or transmit a comment in writing:
The links below provide additional information about the site and what Gillette is doing to keep the community informed.
Several Fact Sheets have been prepared for the Site:
· Click HERE to view and print the August 2010 Fact Sheet describing the Phase I Remedial Investigation.
· Click HERE to view and print the October 2011 Fact Sheet announcing the completion of the Phase I Investigation and the conduct of Interim Remedial Measures.
· Click HERE to view and print the June 2012 Fact Sheet describing the Interim Remedial Measures.
· Click HERE to view and print the January 2013 Fact Sheet discussing the status of Interim Remedial Measures.
· Click HERE to view and print the March 2014 Fact Sheet discussing the status of Interim Remedial Measures.
Note: These fact sheets are provided in Acrobat (.pdf) format. Click HERE to download Acrobat Reader
Investigation reports, remedial project work plans and other site documents are available at the following document repositories that have been established for the site:
Warner Public Library
121 North Broadway
Tarrytown, N.Y. 10591
NYSDEC – Region 3
21 South Putt Corners Rd.
New Paltz, N.Y. 12561
Village of Sleepy Hollow
28 Beekman Avenue
Sleepy Hollow, N.Y. 10591
Local Project Office
Gillette has established a local Project Office, which is located at 160 Cortlandt Street.
The office is open on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM and by appointment.